The drains in your home need to be in top notch shape in order to do their job, which is to drag the dirty and used water away from your home. However, since the drains are used every day, they take a significant amount of wear and tear fairly quickly. This is why regular drain cleaning is so important. However, you also don't want to overdo it with drain cleaning since it can be a waste of money if it's not actually needed. Here are six reasons you know it's time for a professional drain cleaning:
- Frequent Clogs: If any plumbing appliances frequently become clogged, you know it's time for a drain cleaning. This is important to ensure that all the drains in the home are properly flushed to prevent clogs from becoming a major problem anywhere else in the home. If frequent small clogs go uncared for, it will lead to a much larger and costly issue for you.
- Black Debris from Shower Head: If there is black debris coming from the shower head, it's time to the drains to be cleaned. This is most likely dirt coming from the drains that are being pulled to the shower instead of being washed away.
- Gurgling: Gurgling noises are another issue, as well that means it's probably time for a drain cleaning. The gurgling noises mean that there is probably a small clog forming that the water is trying to get around when being drained. This is especially noticeable in the sink and toilet.
- Bubbles in Sink: When you are running water in the sink and you notice that the water is bubbling from the drain, it's because the water is draining out too slowly indicating that there is a clog forming. The water will begin to bubble at the drain because there is air getting trapped where the water is trying to flow out.
- You Want to Clean the Drains Yourself: If you are finding yourself wanting to clean the drains yourself because you feel it is necessary, don't do it. Instead, hire the professionals. Drain cleaners that you can find in stores are extremely harmful to the drains because they are acidic and can corrode the pipes. Professionals will use the stuff that can handle the sensitive pipes to keep your plumbing system in pristine condition.
- It Smells: Finally, if you notice any strong odors coming from the drains, it's probably time for a drain cleaning. This means that there is probably gunk stuck to the side of the drains that aren't being washed away and hasn't been washed away for days.
When you know some of the reasons to schedule a professional drain cleaning service, you can be sure that you do it at the right time to keep your plumbing system in good condition for a longer period of time before more extensive repairs are needed.
Contact a company like King Rooter for more information and assistance.